Deep Green Resistance Hawai’i supports Hawaiian sovereignty and opposition to construction of the Thirty Meter Telescope (TMT) on sacred Mauna Kea. Read more about these specific issues via the links below, or browse the rest of this site for more on resistance in Hawai’i to the destruction of industrial civilization.
“Protecting Mauna Kea”
Will Falk of Deep Green Resistance is writing an essay series exploring the intersections of racism, patriarchy, occupation of Hawai’i, this specific TMT project, and his personal experiences struggling within the mainstream of industrial civilization:
- April 23, 2015: Why the Mountain?
- April 29: History for Haoles
- May 5: Stopping Murder-Suicide
- May 15: They Hate Hawai’i
- May 22: Talking Story
- May 28: Notes From the Summit
- June 4: Pule Plus Action
- June 18: Vocabulary for Haoles
- June 22: This Is a War
- June 29: “We Are Satisfied With The Stones”
- July 21: Science vs. the Real World on Mauna Kea
- August 12: Call It Murder: the Ecological Basis for Hawai’i’s De-Occupation
- August 19: Liberalism’s Game: the Failure of Settler Solidarity in Hawai’i
October 2014 Protest
View a photo essay: Hawaiians halt Thirty Meter Telescope ground-breaking ceremony
Why the Mountain?
Anne Keala Kelly, filmmaker of Noho Hewa and interviewed in 2004 by Owen Lloyd of DGR at Consuming Hawaiʻi: Anne Keala Kelly on the Appropriation of Hawaiian Culture, is working on a documentary about opposition to the TMT. Follow the progress at the Why the Mountain? Facebook page.